General Cooperative Policies/Congress Cell
One of the notable activities of the NCUI is to formulate policies and programmes which not only highlight the achievements of cooperatives but also set the directions for future growth of the cooperative in India. The Cooperative Congress is the mega event of the cooperative movement which reviews the trends of the movement and provides future projections. To highlight achievements of the cooperatives and to prepare future roadmap, NCUI organized 16th Indian Cooperative Congress successfully on 25-26 June, 2013 which was inaugurated by Hon’ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherji, and was attended by around 2000 delegates. The activities carried out by the GCP divison are:
- Member Services
- To provide service in case any member institution approaches for any kind of academic assistance/implication/difficulties faced by them and such reported difficulties are against the development of cooperatives in the country. The NCUI examines such issues and extend all possible support in solving the difficulties faced by the cooperative institutions.
- Liaison with the National Level Cooperative Federations like NCDC, NABARD, RBI, NITI Aayog, Central and State Governments, ILO, ICA and other related international organizations.
- Organization of National/State Seminars/Workshops on important policy issues relating to cooperatives.
- Zonal Conferences
- To organize Zonal Conferences to review progress/problems/ achievements of the cooperatives in the region and chalk out further policy directions.
- 17th Indian Cooperative Congress
- Follow-up action on implementation of the recommendations of 16th ICC.
- Compilation of action taken on the recommendations of 16th ICC by various organizations
- Review by the Executive Committee/Governing Council of NCUI and follow-up action thereon.
- Sectoral Study/Forum Meetings/Spl. Meetings
- Organization of forum meetings on important topics/issues/problems.